How to clean your closet 101
This next article is about how we are able to get rid of the old items in our closet to make room for new ones. If you open your closet and can't seem to find one piece of clothing that you have in mind then you know it's time to clean out a few things. Here's an article where I give you my personal experiance of cleaning closets regularly. Yes regularly! Why, you may ask, well because we go shopping every so often and grow out of our previous buys. So to make room it's out with the old, in with the new!
Let's get started! BTW This method can also be used in drawers.
- First things first you will want to take out every single piece of clothing from your closet.
- Make a pile for blouses, tees, long sleeves, dresses, sweaters, cardigans, jackets, jumpsuits, and pants which include shorts and jeans.
- When you have seperated all your clothes go through each pile carefully. At this point you want to get rid of any piece of clothing you haven't worn in 6 months to over a year. I guarantee, from personal experiance, you wont wear it again.
- Don't forget to take out shirts or pants that don't fit or don't go with your style anymore. We need to make room and organize the clothes you have left.
- When you have finished seperating the clothes you are going to keep you're almost ready to organize them. Keep in mind you can donate your clothes to a Goodwill, Salvation Army, thrift store, or a consignment shop that gives you some money for your used clothes.
- There are many ways to organize your closet but I usually use two methods in one.
* First I seperate all my colored tee shirts into appropriate colors. EX: Black tees together, purple tees together, and every other color you have.
* Begin to put your colored tees back into your closet.
- Next seperate by category. Tanks, tees, blouses. Once you have hung up your shirts lets move on to the next category.
- Seperate your cardigans, jackets, and heavier sweaters. Either place them in the back or front of your closet.
- After you can place your day dresses, night dresses and party dresses going from the front of your closet towards the back.
- Now we have our jeans, shorts and jumpsuits left, organize them by length and place them behind your tee shirts.
If you have organized your shoes on the floor of your closet make sure you actually wear those shoes, they fit you and are in good condition.
If you have shelves on top of your closet you can use that for your purses.
While you clean out your closet remember to look for those signature pieces that can add to your wardrobe. The ones that stand out the most are keepers. Just remember to have something to pair it with!